This is not an official website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints


Wednesday, March 2, 2011

the Talent Show

You girls are just the BEST!!  A big Thanks and Kudos to our Laurel, Aimee who orchestrated this whole night!  She ensured that everyone (including the boys!) signed up to participate, made the sign up sheets and announced it for several weeks, created the program for the night, helped make the refreshments and also came early to set up!  Phew!  I'm tired just listing all that she did!  Each of you performed magnificently!  I've put together a little video with some excerpts from each of your performances :)  It just makes my heart happy to see each of you sharing (and displaying!) the talents that Heavenly Father has blessed you each with!  These talents will definitely help you as you become wives and mothers!  Feel free to watch the video here in the blog or go directly to YouTube to see it larger :)

*note to Karly -- SOMEHOW when I pushed record on the camera during your piano piece, it immediately started and stopped and when I got home, I saw that I only got 1 second of your performance! :(  So sorry!!  So then  I thought I'd replay that 1 second clip three times in the video - but that backfired as well without any sound!! LOL -- just know we love you and thought you played beautifully :) 



Again, I really enjoyed my evening watching each of you share your talents with us!!

"Participate in a dance, speech, music, or drama performance at school, in your community, or at church. How did your participation in this activity strengthen your feelings of individual worth and self-confidence? Record your thoughts in your journal."  

Each of you that were there tonight have already completed the first part of this Experience!! :)  Just finish up the journaling and tell us about it next Wednesday at our Personal Progress Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment